JERRY'S TRAVELS

Was a journal of Jerry & Barbara Northcutt travels through the USA and world. Now, Jerry goes alone but with Barbara in his heart.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday. October 11, 2006.....continued......Barbara, Jo Ann and Johnny joined me at Panera Bread and we had dinner after I posted the update. We came home and watch a little TV. At 8:30pm, Barbara said she was dizzy and about to throw up. Well, she did throw up and up and up and up and she remained dizzy. After an hour of this, I decided to take her to the emergency to get her checked out. We arrived at Norman Regional Hospital and was seen in 10 minutes and in the room to be checked out. We thought it might be food poisoning. The nurse apologized for being late and checked her out. They were concerned and maybe she had a small stroke. SHE DIDN”T - PTL. After she had a cat-scan they determined that she had an inner-ear infection as well as severe sinus infection. They gave her some fluids via IV plus some antibiotics for the infections. They wanted to keep an “eye” on her so they suggested she stay in their “Medical Decision Unit”.....a place where they can watch you in a hospital environment without admitting her. She stayed the night and I slept in the room with her.

Thursday.......By morning, she was feeling better and wanted to go home. The doctor came in and released her with a couple of prescriptions. We arrived home at noon and she went into the RV and went to bed to get more rest. She woke up later and felt much better. That evening, Jo Ann, Johnny and I went to a concert at the church. Denver and the Mile High Orchestra was performing there. They were very good. Christian Music played in the Big Band sound. Excellent.....we arrived home around 10:45pm and Barbara was feeling still better with only a little dizziness.

Friday......We just hung around the house today.....Later in the afternoon, Barbara and I went to meet with Tony and Robert for dinner. We went to Queen Anne cafeteria and had a good visit. We stayed until they closed (8pm+) and then dropped them off at their house. We really enjoyed our visit and they told us they were still planning to come to California at Thanksgiving. We headed home.

Saturday.....Football day.....Barbara and Jo Ann went into town to do a little shopping while Johnny, Jeff and I stayed home to watch OU football. The game was good as OU beat Iowa State 34-9. However, OU lost their Heiseman hopeful Adrian Peterson who will be out 8-9 weeds due to a broken collar bone. During the game, I started to feel a little bad and by the time Barbara and Jo Ann arrived, I had a 101.5 fever.......a cold or something. I started doing the DayQuill and Tylenol to get the fever down. I didn't feel like eating tonight so they went ahead and went with Candy and Dallas to Chickasha to for dinner. They returned and brought me a little food and they said that it was great food and a lot of it.

Sunday.....I still had fever this morning and decided to stay home as it started raining and continued to rain hard. Barbara, Jo Ann and Johnny went to church as I tried to sleep off the fever. It finally went down a little and I started feeling better. However, I discovered that my left leg, from my knee down, was swollen, red and sensitive to the touch. I didn't know what to make of it......maybe an insect bite, or poison ivy, or maybe even the start of shingles. After Barb and the rest returned from church, they wanted me to go and have the leg looked at by the doctor. So......back to the emergency room. Again, excellent service....We were in and out in one and a half hour! Diagnosis.....infection of some sort and they gave me a prescription of a strong antibiotic (same as Barb got). Back to the house to elevate my leg so the swelling would go down. Barbara has almost totally recovered.

Monday.....Barbara continued her antibiotic and I started mine. The leg is still swollen, red and sensitive to the touch. I was going to go to my son's house this afternoon but I decided to stay and keep my leg elevated. Barbara and Jo Ann went into the city to do a little shopping. We stayed in and just relaxed.

Tuesday.....The leg is a little better, not quite as red and a little less swollen so I guess the meds are working OK Barbara continues to improve.. Jo and Johnny had a doctor appointment and Barbara and I went into town to meet them for lunch. We met at the Golden Coral. Jo's granddaughter, Amber, also joined us for lunch. After lunch, Johnny went home and the rest of us went to the wholesale distributor for a few things. We headed home and relaxed for the evening.

Wednesday......Today, I will meet my son for lunch, get online to check my mail and post this update on my blog....that is where I am now......

Again........see you later.....Love you all,

DAD and MOM
Jerry & Barbara Northcutt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home