JERRY'S TRAVELS

Was a journal of Jerry & Barbara Northcutt travels through the USA and world. Now, Jerry goes alone but with Barbara in his heart.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sunday, October 8, 2006....We started the day with a little devotion with Joel Olsteen since we would not be in church today. The Pro Football Hall of Fame opened at 9am and we were there. It was very interesting with all the displays. It was smaller that I thought it would be but there was a lot of information about the game from the beginning to the present. They had a room devoted to the NFL and it relationship with the military/patriotism....it was very well done. We left after a couple of hours (we could have stayed longer but we wanted to get down the road). We drove to Anderson, IN for the night.

Monday....For those who don't know me to well....I am a big fan of Southern Gospel Music and Bill Gaither is the main person who have kept the music going. Gaither's hometown and headquarter is Alexandria, IN and that is the reason we were in Anderson, IN. (There are no motel/hotels in Alexandria). We went to the headquarters and the Gaithers have a recording studio, offices and the Gaither Family Resource.......a place for breakfast, lunch or dinner......books.......gifts.....and of course, the videos and CDs. We spent a couple of hours having a latte, touring the studio and offices, looking at all the things and buying the latest videos to update my collection. Even though Bill and Gloria still live in their small town (and actually live in the same house as when they were married), we didn't see either of them or any other of the Homecoming Friends. We again started driving and headed southwest toward Oklahoma. All of the driving that we have done on this mini-vacation has been.......the Gaither CDs are playing....I am driving.......Barbara is either working a Sudoku puzzle or working on a crocheted throw and we talk. This has been a great trip as Barbara and I have enjoyed each other's company. We run into an hour delay in Illinois from a bad accident....took an hour to go 3 miles. We made it into Tulsa by 8:30pm and Diana (remember? Barb's sister) and Byrl put us up for the night. We also got to visit a little more with them.

Tuesday.......Barbara called her niece, Pam, who she didn't get to see when we were here last month. We were able to meet with her for breakfast at Denny's and spent a couple of hours visiting and catching up on family and such things. We had a good visit. We haven't seen her since Barb's brother Roger's (her dad) funeral three years ago. Once our visit was finished, we headed toward by sister's house and our motor home. It rained on us most of the way and started to turn cooler. We did stop and buy fuel for $1.96........YES! We arrived at my sister's house at around 2pm. They were gone so we were able to unpack and clean out the car before they returned home. Jo Ann had prepared us an old-fashioned dinner of red beans, cornbread, onion and cucumber in vinegar and fried potatoes. It was good. She later fixed some homemade chocolate-chip and peanut butter cookies to go with our coffee. We settled in and watch some video and had coffee and cookies. Yes.......sleeping in our own bed....it was great.

Wednesday......We decided to relax all day but I had put almost 4,500 miles on the Vue since I had left and it needed service.....so I have caught up my blog. After the car service, I went to Hastings Book store and purchased the latest book by John Grishom, his first non-fiction. His latest book is about a young man from my hometown of Ada, OK that was wrongly convicted of a murder, spent my on death row and later released because of DNA. He has since died from cancer. I did not know him very well but I knew the rest of his family and they were close family friends when I was growing up, especially his sisters. The book is called An Innocent Man. I then went to Panera Bread to get on wireless and am now posting this update.......

Again........see you later.....Love you all,

DAD and MOM
Jerry & Barbara Northcutt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home