Well, everyone.....We are on the road again. We are headed to Northern California, Oregon, Washington and Idaho. We will be visiting friends and relatives.
We started on Saturday, April 25th at 7:45am.
The occupants of the RV are: Jerry, Barbara, Cuddles (our dog), Peaches (our dog), Wilbur Mendell, Darlene Mendell and Twinkie (their dog). Wilbur and Darlene will be visiting their daughter and son while Barbara and I are doing our traveling.
We traveled all day Saturday and stopped in Williams, CA for the night. Next morning, we left Williams and arrived in Weed, CA at around 3pm - our first planned stop. Our friends, Wilbur and Darlene's daughter and her family (Roxianne and Ray Arkie) live outside of Weed. They are on a few acres with an outstanding view of Mt. Shasta.
We parked the RV in their driveway and settled in for a few days. We really enjoyed our time with them. We had not seen the family for several years and it was good to re-acquaint ourselves with them again. The four kids have grown into great young people, well-mannered and very pleasant to be around. They are Celeb, 18 yrs., Hannah, 17 yrs., Rachel, 15 yrs., and Joshua, 13 yrs.
We settled into a good routine.....getting up, have breakfast, walking, exercising, doing our devotions and then visiting. I connected with Celeb, 17 years, because he is a techie and loves all technical things. We swapped Iphone applications, software and had a good time. Barbara enjoyed visiting with the family. Of course, we had great meals.......here I go again - talking about food again......and good times together. The kids are very musically trained and they performed for us each night....Rachel on the piano, Hannah, singing - Caleb, singing and playing the guitar and Josh, playing the guitar. The last evening, Roxie and Ray joined Rachael and Hannah and they danced several Davidic (sp?) and Messianic (sp?) dances. It was a lot of fun.
We stayed until Wednesday and loaded up everything and headed to our next stop. We traveled a couple of hours and arrived at Medford, OR and arrived around 2pm. Wilbur and Darlene's son (Arlan and Cathy Mendell) lives just outside Medford in the small community of Jacksonville, OR. They live on 90 acres and their house sits on a
plateau of about an acre and a half.....overlooking Medford
. It is a nice home (6500 sq ft) and I was able to hookup my RV. On his 90 acres, he has a full size horse show barn and spaces for boarding 36 horses in stalls plus pastures for many more horses. Arlan's daughter-in-law runs the horse business. We took a tour of his property and even viewed a couple of mares being bred. Again, we had not seen the Mendells for several years. We had a good time catching up with their lives and their three sons, Luke, Nathan (married to Breianna with sons, Lane and C.J.) and Peter. Nathan, Lane and C.J. joined us for a great dinner. Cathy and I talked and swapped Iphone apps just like I did with Celeb. We retired for the night after a good visit.
Today (Thursday), I got up and walked around their property - the plateau - several times (13) to make my two miles and then headed up to their "gym" and had a good workout. I had one of their dogs to accompany me on my walk. Here is Nellie, their Jack Russell. Nellie wanted me to throw her stick all the time. We did OK.
Barbara did a little cleaning inside the RV while I did some cleaning outside. We went inside and visited some more until Cathy had to leave on a business trip. We will be here until Sunday. We will go to Church with Arlan and Cathy and then head to our next stop. Wilbur and Darlene will remain at Arlan's house for a couple of weeks and then head back to Roxie's for the remained of the time until we pick them up to return home.
Side note - not about the trip. We just received word today about our friend, Ron Todd. Ron has been battling cancer for some time. He was sent home to live his last few hours at home. He surprised the doctors by living a couple of weeks. He passed away today at home. Our heart and prayers goes out to Tammy and the three kids.
It is now Thursday evening and this gets you updated. I don't know when I will blog again so stay tuned............I will email you again when this is updated!
DAD and MOM
Jerry & Barbara
We started on Saturday, April 25th at 7:45am.
The occupants of the RV are: Jerry, Barbara, Cuddles (our dog), Peaches (our dog), Wilbur Mendell, Darlene Mendell and Twinkie (their dog). Wilbur and Darlene will be visiting their daughter and son while Barbara and I are doing our traveling.We traveled all day Saturday and stopped in Williams, CA for the night. Next morning, we left Williams and arrived in Weed, CA at around 3pm - our first planned stop. Our friends, Wilbur and Darlene's daughter and her family (Roxianne and Ray Arkie) live outside of Weed. They are on a few acres with an outstanding view of Mt. Shasta.
We parked the RV in their driveway and settled in for a few days. We really enjoyed our time with them. We had not seen the family for several years and it was good to re-acquaint ourselves with them again. The four kids have grown into great young people, well-mannered and very pleasant to be around. They are Celeb, 18 yrs., Hannah, 17 yrs., Rachel, 15 yrs., and Joshua, 13 yrs.We settled into a good routine.....getting up, have breakfast, walking, exercising, doing our devotions and then visiting. I connected with Celeb, 17 years, because he is a techie and loves all technical things. We swapped Iphone applications, software and had a good time. Barbara enjoyed visiting with the family. Of course, we had great meals.......here I go again - talking about food again......and good times together. The kids are very musically trained and they performed for us each night....Rachel on the piano, Hannah, singing - Caleb, singing and playing the guitar and Josh, playing the guitar. The last evening, Roxie and Ray joined Rachael and Hannah and they danced several Davidic (sp?) and Messianic (sp?) dances. It was a lot of fun.
We stayed until Wednesday and loaded up everything and headed to our next stop. We traveled a couple of hours and arrived at Medford, OR and arrived around 2pm. Wilbur and Darlene's son (Arlan and Cathy Mendell) lives just outside Medford in the small community of Jacksonville, OR. They live on 90 acres and their house sits on a
plateau of about an acre and a half.....overlooking Medford
. It is a nice home (6500 sq ft) and I was able to hookup my RV. On his 90 acres, he has a full size horse show barn and spaces for boarding 36 horses in stalls plus pastures for many more horses. Arlan's daughter-in-law runs the horse business. We took a tour of his property and even viewed a couple of mares being bred. Again, we had not seen the Mendells for several years. We had a good time catching up with their lives and their three sons, Luke, Nathan (married to Breianna with sons, Lane and C.J.) and Peter. Nathan, Lane and C.J. joined us for a great dinner. Cathy and I talked and swapped Iphone apps just like I did with Celeb. We retired for the night after a good visit.
Today (Thursday), I got up and walked around their property - the plateau - several times (13) to make my two miles and then headed up to their "gym" and had a good workout. I had one of their dogs to accompany me on my walk. Here is Nellie, their Jack Russell. Nellie wanted me to throw her stick all the time. We did OK.Barbara did a little cleaning inside the RV while I did some cleaning outside. We went inside and visited some more until Cathy had to leave on a business trip. We will be here until Sunday. We will go to Church with Arlan and Cathy and then head to our next stop. Wilbur and Darlene will remain at Arlan's house for a couple of weeks and then head back to Roxie's for the remained of the time until we pick them up to return home.
Side note - not about the trip. We just received word today about our friend, Ron Todd. Ron has been battling cancer for some time. He was sent home to live his last few hours at home. He surprised the doctors by living a couple of weeks. He passed away today at home. Our heart and prayers goes out to Tammy and the three kids.
It is now Thursday evening and this gets you updated. I don't know when I will blog again so stay tuned............I will email you again when this is updated!
DAD and MOM
Jerry & Barbara


2 Comments:
At 7:28 PM,
Karl said…
wow, Jerry, that looks very appealing. I would love to be there, but God has given me a city dweller for a wife. Well, maybe Heaven will look something like this. Enjoy yourselves.
At 7:22 PM,
Unknown said…
Hi Northcutts! We really do miss you all right now but I know how good it is to see old friends and visit new places. God is amazing. Mt. Shasta looks so beautiful. I hope someday I get to go there again. Never been to Oregon so that's on the list too! Love you both.
Post a Comment
<< Home