Thursday, September 6
Today was a relaxing day. The school did not need Ron or I to help with any of the classes. Barbara and Dalanda did not go to the foster home as we were going to have a special treat for lunch. One of Ilene's Chinese friends was coming over to show us how to make Jawolza (sp?). It is a traditional Chinese dumpling with meat and veggies. She mixed the meat and veggies (beef or pork) and made a dough for the outside of the dumpling. Next, she divided the dough into four parts and rolled in into a long skinny rope. She then pinched off small pieces. She rolled the small pinches of dough into a very flat round portion, put the meat mixture on the dough, folded it in half and then pinched the sides together, like a small empanata. She then boiled them. They were delicious. I don't know how many I ate but it was enough to make me miserable. On well, dieting begins when I get home.
After a good lunch, we all settled in to relax. Some took a short nap, some watch a little video and some worked on their blog. It was a very relaxing day.
We went in and had dinner and then Ron and I took a stroll into the village. Here are some of the pictures I took:



After our stroll, we settled in with some popcorn, the last caramel apple and a good movie. After a few days of work, it was nice to just relax.
This is the end of our stay here at New Day. Tomorrow, we head back to Beijing. So, for now, goodnight.
Blessings,
DAD and MOM
Jerry and Barbara
Today was a relaxing day. The school did not need Ron or I to help with any of the classes. Barbara and Dalanda did not go to the foster home as we were going to have a special treat for lunch. One of Ilene's Chinese friends was coming over to show us how to make Jawolza (sp?). It is a traditional Chinese dumpling with meat and veggies. She mixed the meat and veggies (beef or pork) and made a dough for the outside of the dumpling. Next, she divided the dough into four parts and rolled in into a long skinny rope. She then pinched off small pieces. She rolled the small pinches of dough into a very flat round portion, put the meat mixture on the dough, folded it in half and then pinched the sides together, like a small empanata. She then boiled them. They were delicious. I don't know how many I ate but it was enough to make me miserable. On well, dieting begins when I get home.
After a good lunch, we all settled in to relax. Some took a short nap, some watch a little video and some worked on their blog. It was a very relaxing day.
We went in and had dinner and then Ron and I took a stroll into the village. Here are some of the pictures I took:




After our stroll, we settled in with some popcorn, the last caramel apple and a good movie. After a few days of work, it was nice to just relax.
This is the end of our stay here at New Day. Tomorrow, we head back to Beijing. So, for now, goodnight.
Blessings,
DAD and MOM
Jerry and Barbara


1 Comments:
At 10:01 AM,
Unknown said…
Maybe when you come back Barbara can make us some of this food you keep talking about. You know I not very adventurous but I would try it. Miss you both.
Jaime
Post a Comment
<< Home