JERRY'S TRAVELS

Was a journal of Jerry & Barbara Northcutt travels through the USA and world. Now, Jerry goes alone but with Barbara in his heart.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Saturday, Sept 1

Today is a miscellaneous day.....a little of this and a little of that. Got up early, of course...5am - had our devotions, breakfast and got ready to leave the house. Dalanda stayed behind to prepare for the evening get together with some of the young people. Ron, Barbara and I left and went to the local market. This is where the locals shop for just about everything. It was approximately two blocks long and a lot of fresh veggies, meat, staple goods, clothing, food, etc. We walked through it and met one of Ron's friends that attend some of his "classes". After our tour, we went to the "mall" to find some computer hardware and had lunch...did I say the food is great? We met another couple of Ron's friends. It is amazing that, out of all the places and millions of people, that we run into these people that have been touched by Ron and Dalanda. After lunch, we head home.

At 3pm, Ron and I headed back to town and we went to one of his meetings and he talked about his dad and his business. It was good. We left and returned home and the young people started arriving. We had a few show up...filled the apartment. Dalanda had prepared Flautas and everyone loved them and wanted the recipe. She finished the evening with brownies. We just sat around and talked about a lot of things....our plans, our dreams and how we feel about things. They stayed until 10pm and we crashed after Barbara and Dalanda cleaned the apartment. It was a good day.

FYI-our little dog, Cuddles is in labor so we anxiously awaiting for news. I will keep you posted.

Blessings,

DAD and MOM
Jerry and Barbara

2 Comments:

  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow,I wish I was there with ya'll. What an exciting trip from just the few things you've shared. It was good to see Ron at the DMV when he was home. I would have loved to have spent more time getting caught up. I can't wait to see all the pics I know you will take. Tell Ron and Dalanda hello and we love them. See ya soon,
    Kevin

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Ok, I don't know who to have the beef with but I didn't know cuddles was expecting...but now that she is in labor let us know the outcome. By the way, who is the daddy?
    Jaime

     

Post a Comment

<< Home